A tummy tuck could be the perfect way for you to achieve a slimmer and flatter waist. This in-demand body contouring procedure removes excess fat and skin while tightening weak abdominal muscles. Here are some signs that you may be a great candidate:
- You’re in good general health: Being relatively healthy is a requirement for most surgical procedures. It will minimize your risk of complications and help ensure a great result. Certain conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes, may reduce your candidacy for a tummy tuck.
- You’re near your goal weight: You should ideally be within 10-15 pounds of your goal weight before getting a tummy tuck. It isn’t a weight loss procedure, and you can only expect to shed a few pounds from the removal of extra skin and fat. It’s also important for your weight to be stable before surgery. If you struggle with weight fluctuations, you won’t get the best results.
- You don’t smoke or are willing to quit: Nicotine constricts blood flow and makes it harder to heal from surgery. If you’re a cigarette smoker, you’ll need to quit at least six weeks before your tummy tuck and avoid smoking during your recovery.
- You have realistic expectations: A tummy tuck can do wonders for your figure. It can reduce stretch marks, help you look better in clothes and swimwear, and even improve issues such as low back pain and urinary incontinence. But don’t set yourself up for disappointment — make sure you understand what this surgery can’t do.
- You’re done having kids: Tummy tuck surgery is very popular with women looking to restore their figures after childbirth. If that sounds like your situation, keep in mind that it’s best to wait until your family is complete before you have the procedure. Getting pregnant again will hurt your results.
Schedule Your Tummy Tuck Consultation in Richmond
Dr. John Zinsser is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience performing tummy tucks and other body contouring procedures. Having been in practice for over two decades, he has helped countless patients achieve the figures of the dreams.
Are you ready to find out if tummy tuck surgery is a good match for you? Call 804-474-9805 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Zinsser. Zinsser Plastic Surgery welcomes patients from throughout Virginia, including Richmond, Fredericksburg, and Williamsburg.