Yes, there is no reason why you cannot have children after your breasts are augmented. Many women take this path. Below are a few considerations:
- Breast augmentation does not interfere with your ability to become pregnant or have a child
- Breast implants do not harm breastfeeding babies, studies show
- The vast majority of breast augmentation patients are able to breastfeed
- If you are concerned about not being able to breastfeed, talk to Dr. Zinsser about your individual risk
- Breast augmentation results may need to be refreshed after the physical changes caused by pregnancy
- You should allow plenty of time to heal and rebound after breast surgery, before becoming pregnant
Numerous women have had their breasts enlarged and go on to become mothers. These choices are not in opposition. In fact, some women report that having breast augmentation allows them to be the most confident, comfortable-in-their-skin mothers they can be. You will need to take time to recover and let your breasts stabilize after surgery, but you will be fully back to your normal routine after several weeks.
It’s possible your breast augmentation results will change after pregnancy. You may experience a degree of sagging and stretching, particularly after breastfeeding. Your results can be revised if you wish. Some women prefer to have their children first, and then undergo breast augmentation once they are no longer planning for more children. Having said that, the choice is entirely personal and up to you. Dr. Zinsser and our team are here to provide the support and guidance that will allow you to make the right choice.
Learn More about Breast Augmentation
Dr. John Zinsser is an experienced, skilled and board-certified plastic surgeon in Virginia. He is personally driven to help his patients achieve beautiful results. He believes in an open, straightforward discussion about your goals, and he’ll help you decide if it’s the right time in your life for the procedure you’re considering. To arrange a breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Zinsser in Richmond, please call our friendly staff at 804-474-9805. We look forward to discussing breast surgery with you so that you can decide how it fits into your life as a mother.