Facelifts are performed to restore a more youthful appearance to the mid and lower face, including the neck. More than simply removing excess skin, the primary goal of a facelift is to tighten the structures beneath the skin and reposition fatty facial structures to a more natural and youthful position.
If you would like to restore your youthful beauty, contact Zinsser Plastic Surgery today online or at 804-474-9805 to schedule a private, personal consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Zinsser. Our friendly state-of-the-art office proudly welcomes patients from Richmond, Fredericksburg and Williamsburg, Virginia.
What Can a Facelift Accomplish?
As you age, your face goes through natural changes. Facial skin starts to sag. Once-youthful features begin to lose definition. Rather than change your appearance, a facelift – also known as a rhytidectomy – is intended to refresh your appearance, helping you look like a more rested and revitalized version of yourself. When performed by experienced board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Zinsser, a facelift can:
- Smooth away lines and creases
- Minimize heavy folds on the face
- Remove excess, sagging skin
- Reposition sagging facial tissues
- Define a jawline or neck that has is hidden by drooping jowls
- Smooth sagging neck skin
Every patient is unique. Dr. Zinsser uses a variety of surgical techniques to create balanced, beautiful, natural-looking results. He will individualize his approach based on your personal goals.
Is a Facelift Right for Me?
The passage of time affects our appearance, particularly the appearance of our faces. Other factors, such as genetics and sun exposure, can further exacerbate the signs of aging. If you are seeking an effective, long-lasting approach to facial rejuvenation, a facelift may be your ideal option. Good facelift candidates:
- Are generally healthy
- Do not smoke, or are willing to quit prior to surgery
- Have realistic expectations for their results
- Are prepared to closely follow Dr. Zinsser’s pre and post-operative instructions
- Have time available to properly recover
The list above is a general overview and not meant to serve as a substitute for meeting personally with Dr. Zinsser to determine your candidacy. During your initial consult, Dr. Zinsser will discuss your concerns, review your medical history and explain your treatment options, which may include any number of our non-surgical treatments. If you are a good candidate for a facelift, he will work with you to customize a surgical plan to achieve your aesthetic goals.
Why Choose Dr. Zinsser for Your Facelift?
When considering a rhytidectomy, or facelift procedure, many patients are worried about looking too tight, or as if they’ve had work done. Ideally, a facelift should provide a natural but improved facial appearance. The artistic eye and surgical skill of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Zinsser has given him an edge over other facelift surgeons. He is committed to producing beautiful, youthful results that don’t look tight or overdone.
In addition to a consistent record of beautiful results, Dr. Zinsser has repeatedly won OurHealth Richmond’s “Best Bedside Manner” for his kind and respectful manner.
- "Dr. Zinsser and his team really care about the quality of your results, as well as your wellbeing. They've made me feel comfortable and confident, and I can't recommend this office enough!" - L.D.
- "Since the very first appointment everyone has been so helpful and friendly. Dr. Zinnser explained all that we would do for my surgery in such an easy to understand fashion which made everything less stressful. Everytime i go to an appointment everyone is just so pleasent, they even remember who i am whenever i go which makes everything more personal. Im beyond happy with choosing to go through them for my surgery, I couldn’t have asked for a better, more helpful or more friendly experience. 20/10 thank you all so much! " - A.M.
- "I have never had a cosmetic procedure done before so naturally I was a little nervous. Everyone in the office put me at ease, answered my questions whenever I called, and treated me so kindly and respectfully. I will recommend Zinsser Plastic surgery to anyone who is even remotely interested in having a procedure done. Thank you for your wonderful care, concern and compassion!" - S.M.
Schedule Your Facelift Consultation Today
If you live in or around the Richmond, Fredericksburg or Williamsburg areas of Virginia and want to learn if a facelift or other facial surgical procedure is right for you, contact Zinsser Plastic Surgery today by completing the form on this page or calling 804-474-9805 to schedule your confidential consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Zinsser.