As the days get colder, our skin experiences many changes. So do our routines. Rather than spending our days soaking up the sun, cold weather means more clothing and less skin exposure. The colder months give you and your body the downtime it needs to heal from many facial rejuvenation treatments.
At Zinsser Plastic Surgery, we are here to help you determine which facial rejuvenation treatments will suit your situation this winter.
Why Choose Winter for Your Facial Treatments?
During the winter, the weather is more cooperative for your treatment, making it easier to take care of your skin. Scheduling your cosmetic treatments in the cooler months allows you to wear clothes that cover your skin, allowing you to use less sunscreen and stay protected.
Also, most patients are not on vacation, and the kids are usually in school or home for the holidays, but patients seem to have more time to undergo surgery and recover during the winter months.
Take a UV Break
With less sunlight, there are lower UV levels that provide the optimal situation for your skin to heal without the risk of too much sun exposure. Following most skin rejuvenation treatments, avoiding sun exposure is crucial. UV rays can damage your skin, complicate your healing process, and cause less-than-ideal results. Skin can become more sensitive following procedures that deep-clean or exfoliate, so burning, scarring, or other damage can occur. Too much sun and heat exposure can cause hyperpigmentation issues, scars, or other concerns that would require special attention.
Dry Skin and Cold Weather
While winter helps you avoid excessive heat and sun exposure, skin can become drier in the cool months and more vulnerable to aging. Scheduling your facial rejuvenating treatments during the winter helps you keep your skin moisturized, healthier, and radiant.
Which Treatments Are Best in Winter?
During winter, the weather cools down and your calendar may have more space, providing an opportune time to pay attention to your skin. Fortunately, you also have many options to consider for addressing your concerns this winter.
- Liquid facelifts: Dermal fillers and Botox procedures offer natural-looking results without surgery or downtime.
- RF skin tightening: Restore your skin’s elasticity for a smoother, tighter, more contoured appearance with Viora Reaction RF Skin Tightening.
- Microneedling: Also known as collagen induction therapy, microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment to improve the overall appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, textures, large pores, scars, and more.
- Laser skin resurfacing: This procedure rejuvenates skin by removing the damaged outer layers. We offer CoolPeel Co2 Laser and Pixel Perfect for your resurfacing needs.
- HydraFacial: Gentle and non-invasive HydraFacial hydrates and revives for a smoother, brighter, youthful appearance, regardless of age, skin tone, or texture.
Additionally, we offer many surgical cosmetic procedures to rejuvenate your face, including:
Zinsser Plastic Surgery as Your Richmond, VA, Facial Rejuvenation Provider
At Zinsser Plastic Surgery, our goal is to help you become more comfortable in your skin. In partnership with his expert staff, Dr. John Zinsser aims to provide the refreshed, natural-looking appearance you desire with the respect you deserve.